[ltp] Smart Link modem issues

Harry Popov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 10:32:30 +0200

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:25:10 +0100
Tomek Jarzynka <tomeej@gmail.com> wrote:

> and secondly, the modem behaves strangely. On Windows everything
> works fine, while on Linux I can connect one time out of 10 -
> all other attempts end with NO CARRIER. It looks as if the modem
> was more sensitive under Linux, but this is very annoying since
> it doesn't even try to renegotiate (judging from the time), and
> every connection is charged 0.10EUR to establish.

Some thing going slower and the default 45 seconds for connection
are not enough I believe. Encrase that in the modem init string
using S register. Sadly I can not rumember the register but you
could see that from the modem's doc. It is S1 or S7... ex: Sn=60 or
Sn=90 should be OK... The number is seconds needed for negotiation.

Regards,
Harry Popov