[ltp] Smart Link modem issues

Harry Popov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:07:26 +0200

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 14:32:41 +0500 (PKT)
Ayaz Ahmed Khan <ayaz-khan@pk.netsolir.com> wrote:

> Something I picked up from some newsgroup on USENET suggests that
> the``ATX3'' modem initialisation string command be used before
> issuing the ``ATDT'' command.  This tricked seemed to have had
> worked for the author of that post.

the default in the modem init string is X4, which means waiting for
signal before dialing. X3 is dial without waiting signal. X3 is
always used in analog lines in Bulgaria because modems do not
recognize our tone. But sure this is not the case because he is
dialing but could not establish connection. That why I think he
needs little bit longer waiting time for negotiation which is
determined by S? ... / bad memory but try including S1=90 or S7=90
in wvdial.conf init string, if you are using wvdial ofcourse/.

I'll try to find my docs and if you tell me what kind of program use
for modem dialing could give you exact string...

Regards, Harry Popov