[ltp] Thinkpad T23 Battery

Uwe Walter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:18:42 +0100

Hello Harry.

On So, 2005-01-23 at 09:59 +0200, Harry Popov wrote:
> > NiCd, right?
> > I would wish, this would also be valid for LiIons.

> No, it is LiIon. I was surprised too....

Congratulations, very impressive! :)
This is indeed an exceptional success report for a LiIon that old.

I'm sad, this does not seem to be possible with modern batteries. I
think most users are handling their battery exactly as you said (having
the laptop on AC power and having the battery installed all the time,
fully charged then, of course). I know of no similar report, where users
are still satisfied with capacity after two or three years. Most
complain that battery runtime is *a lot* shorter than it has been at the
beginning. :-(

Greetings, UW(e)