[ltp] Latest fglrx and xorg-6.8.1

Hamie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 12:43:51 +0000

Uwe Walter wrote:

>Hi Winsley.
>

>On Mi, 2005-01-19 at 16:52 +0100, Winsley von Spee wrote:
>

>>Me too :(
>>

>Add me.
>As laptop user with an ATI mobility card, I also hoped for ACPI suspend
>support.
>
>We will have to wait a little bit more. As you saw, they are aware of
>the issue and the next release is scheduled for February (probably the
>29th ;-)).
>However, until now, no word, if they will fix ACPI. :-/

I wouldn't hold my breath. They've 'been aware' of the problem since at
least April '04 when I sent feedback to them telling them of it. It's
taken 8 months to admit there is a problem (This is the first release
that's even mentioned it IIRC), and I wouldn't be surprised if it too 2x
that to actually fix it.

Sadly, there is no urgency for them to fix it (Or else it would have
been fixed a long time ago)... There's no bad publicity in providing
sub-standard drivers for Linux users in the media...

Hamish.