[ltp] Thinkpad takes a coffee bath

Christopher Sawtell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:49:12 +1300

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:16, James McKenzie wrote:
> Christopher Sawtell wrote:
> > http://www.icon.co.za/~psheer/book/index.html
> >
> >imho, this is the best source of solid Linux know-how all in one place.
> >
> > Still available from Amazon.
>
> This is an awesome project.
Indeed it is!

> I think that Paul should receive, at a minimum, a pat on the back.
I recon it deserves a bit more than that. While perhaps not a Knighthood at
least an OBE, and of course lots more sales, which is why I mentioned Amazon.

> This needs to go into the novice's guide and the FAQ at Fedora.
I have found that too many total novices get out of their depths rather too
quickly with it. Total newbies do need a few weeks to get the toes wet before
being half drowned by the RUTE book.

> I will look at this document.
The typesetting is a bit 'quirky' to say the least.
you can see his style in the pdf file at:-
http://www.icon.co.za/~psheer/rute.pdf.bz2

> It looks like one of the best in my over 25 years in this industry.
> I will look for it at one of my book sources.
All that said and done, it does need a second edition to catch up with some of
the more important new technologies which have emerged in the last 4 or 5
years.

--
Sincerely etc.,
Christopher Sawtell