[ltp] Re: T43 and T43p entries on IBMs support page

Paul Ionescu linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 10:19:31 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:47:05 -0700, Dax Kelson wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 02:56 +0100, André Wyrwa wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i just spotted entries for the upcoming T43 and T43p models in the model
>> selection combo box on IBMs support pages. So maybe specs can already be
>> found there - didn't dare to look.
>
> A complete list of all ThinkPad models with all specifications can be
> found in the famous "tabook.pdf" that IBM publishes.
>
> It can be found here:
>
> ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pcinstitute/psref/tabook.pdf
>
> It was updated yesterday with all the T43 and T43p models.

Too bad the parallel port is still there.
I am curious, how many people are using this parallel port ?
It wastes precious space. I'd rather prefer a serial port and 2 extra USB
ports, or firewire.
And I have a lot of friend with thinkpads that feel the same. You cannot
attach a floppy anymore to that parallel port, so it can't be for
emergency reasons. And how many are using legacy printers ?

Thanks,
Paul