[ltp] hotswap ultrabay and dma (for IBM Thinkpad T41p)

Nils linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 09:57:41 +0100

Hi,
has anybody an idea to hotswap dvd-rom and battery on a T41p ? I found the
hotswap utility  (http://users.ox.ac.uk/~univ1377/). It is working fine. I
can swap dvd-rom and battery, but I loose the dma modus after the first swap
cycle.
Only booting with dma support is working. I also found some comments in the
list, but no solution. The idectl-utility and hdparm (-U / -R) is not working
on my system. Then I get the message: HDIO_UNREGISTER_HWIF failed. I hope
that somebody has an idea to patch the kernel or how to use the
idectl-utility or hdparm (-U / -R) with correct parameters.

Thanks,
Nils