[ltp] Re: Suspend on T23: a small step forward

Martin Steigerwald linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:36:01 +0100

Am Montag, 24. Januar 2005 16:29 schrieb Paul Ionescu:
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 11:50:56 +0100, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > 1) Suspend-to-disk works, well sort off: I again use
> > "resume=/dev/hda7" parameter as "swap:/dev/hda7" does not work. This
> > time it actually suspends to disk. Well and it even awakes from
> > suspending and goes back into my KDE desktop. But mouse (and probably
> > other USB device connected to the USB 1.1 on the ThinkPad") do not
> > work anymore. This may be indicated by this message I get on wakeup:
> >
> > uhci_hcd 0000:00:1d.1: Unloink after no-IRQ? Different ACPI or APIC
> > settings may help
> > usb 2-2: klaptop_acpi_he timed out on ep0in
>
> Try to unload uhci-hcd and/or ehci-hcd before suspend and insmod them
> after resume.

Hello Paul,

Thats one possibility, but actually I believed the whole point in ACPI is
that more and more drivers in the Linux kernel support it without having
to be unloaded.

Actually I tried that unloading with the PCMCIA stuff, but I am simply not
able to unload the AVM A1 fritzcard PCMCIA isdn4linux driver, cause it
will always tell me its in use.

Regards,