[ltp] I need some help on ACPI sleep -- NOW WORKING !!!

JP Renaud linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:28:05 +0000

hi,

the ACPI sleep problem on my R51 is now fixed. i noticed a hic-up in the dm=
esg=20
output regarding local APIC. i disabled this from the kernel (#=20
CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC is not set) and now it is working well. to be fair, i am=
=20
not sure why this was set in my .config as so many post seem to recommend t=
o=20
turn it off. mea culpa.

I even adapted the sleep.sh script that Andre sent me (commented out the=20
battery stuff) and linked it to an ACPI event (FN+F4 and LID) and everythin=
g=20
seems fine on resume now (USB, Network, sound ...)

thanks you very much all of you for all the pointers. very much appreciated.

with sleep and hibernate fully working now, the next on the list is=20
speedstep ;-)

[ ... and help Sebastien with his ACPI setup as I am a native French speake=
r ]

JP

On Thursday 20 January 2005 12:09, Andr=E9 Wyrwa wrote:
> Hei,
>
> > The laptop suspends OK but after resume, I get a black screen with two
> > yellow characters (IN) in the top middle and a blinking white cursor in
> > the top left of the screen. After about 5 seconds, the laptop reboots on
> > its own.
>
> The yellow characters are normal. They are part of a line that says
> something with LINUX in it, that's where they come from. I can see this
> also (but a bit more letters) before my X server comes back.
>
> Since your system reboots automatically, i think it crashes.
> In this case acpi_sleep=3Ds3_bios wouldn't help you, it fixes a different
> problem, where you see nothing on the screen and the system doesn't
> crash/reboot.
>
> > I am starting to think that I have done something wrong when compiling =
my
> > kernel but I cannot track the problem. Any help or idea on this subject?
> > For instance, I'd like to be able to look at logs of the resume sequence
> > but I am not sure what logs I should be looking at...
>
> Try
>
> - /var/log/acpi
> - /var/log/kernel.log (or however it's called)
> - dmesg output
>
>  .
>
> Also you could post your /etc/acpi/action/sleep.sh script?
>
> Andr=E9.

=2D-=20
JP Renaud
Research Fellow