[ltp] Solution: FC3 latest 2.6.10-1.741_FC3 kernel and swsusp2

James McKenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 20:18:36 -0700

honey@gneek.com wrote:
> Sorry it's been so long coming: there are now some pre-patches to
> make the latest Fedora Core 3 kernel (for 2.6.10) work with swsusp2,
> for super-fast suspend/resume in ACPI.  The delays's been tracking
> down a constantly changing Oops/init problem introduced somewhere
> along swsusp2's changes and particularly seeming to affect Fedora,
> possibly because of its use of initramfs.  My machine's been through
> a lot of fsck's!  Most of the real work has however been done by
> Bernard from the swsusp project, as before, with me as guinea pig.
>
> It now looks solid, and just involves you adding two very small
> patches to the standard swsusp2 patches, applying them and recompiling
> the kernel.  All details here:
>
> http://softwaresuspend.berlios.de/fedora/
>
> Feedback very welcome back to the list to encourage me and Bernard
> to keep doing this :)

Honey:

Is it possible to supply a prebuilt kernel for 1_747?  I don't have the
space on my system to install the kernel source, the patches and then
the patches to the patches.  I would very much like to test swsusp or
swsusp2.

Also, I just fsck'd my system three times this evening due to something
that I did with 'echo -n mem > /sys/power/state' which caused my system
to appear to lock up.  Of course, I induced this by not calling my
script which unloads several devices before suspending to memory.

Thank you in advance.

--
James McKenzie