[ltp] Re: T43 and T43p entries on IBMs support page

Tue, 25 Jan 2005 06:49:56 +0100

--=-vxR+1txqAOfXieMjkBzq

Hi,

> Too bad the parallel port is still there.
> I am curious, how many people are using this parallel port ?
> It wastes precious space. I'd rather prefer a serial port and 2 extra USB
> ports, or firewire.
> And I have a lot of friend with thinkpads that feel the same. You cannot
> attach a floppy anymore to that parallel port, so it can't be for
> emergency reasons. And how many are using legacy printers ?

I think that parallel ports are still somewhat important to connect some
industry devices like special robots, diagnostic devices and such. I
think those usually have been built with parallel interface. So that
might be a reason for IBM to keep the port.

Andr=E9.

--=-vxR+1txqAOfXieMjkBzq

--=-vxR+1txqAOfXieMjkBzq--