[ltp] Please tell me my system board isn't hosed (EEPROM error)

Wed, 26 Jan 2005 00:21:21 +0100

--=-Ai1WmkagqhMpixt8+J1d

Hei,

> I've seen the warning on the linux-thinkpad website about lm-sensors, but=
 I=20
> never touched that.  All I've done with the machine since I got it a week=
 or=20
> two ago is install win ME, slackware-current, bought and installed a new=20
> battery, and I was working on getting linux working with my Linksys WPC54=
GS=20
> cardbus wireless network card.  It was working fine, powered it down this=
=20
> morning, powered it up a couple hours later and I get the error.  What th=
e=20
> hell happened?!?!?!?=20

Don't know anything specific but i remember that around this time (i
think it was with T2x series models) the EEPROM could lose it's mind, if
you switched off the notebook at the wrong moment during the BIOS boot
sequence.

Maybe that's what happened?

Andr=E9.

--=-Ai1WmkagqhMpixt8+J1d