[ltp] Please tell me my system board isn't hosed (EEPROM error)

Mark Mitchell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:21:21 -0600

On Tue January 25 2005 5:34 pm, Meike Reichle wrote:
> >>I've seen the warning on the linux-thinkpad website about lm-sensors, but
> >> I never touched that.  All I've done with the machine since I got it a
> >> week or two ago is install win ME, slackware-current, bought and
> >> installed a new battery, and I was working on getting linux working with
> >> my Linksys WPC54GS cardbus wireless network card.  It was working fine,
> >> powered it down this morning, powered it up a couple hours later and I
> >> get the error.  What the hell happened?!?!?!?
> >

> But, what I want to say: I am rather sure it really is the eeprom, but
> that doesn't necessarily mean it's a goner. There's still some stuff you
> can try like flashing the BIOS etc.

Any tips on how I might do that?  I don't have a floppy drive, and it doesn't
get far enough in the POST to boot from the cdrom or HD.

Any help appreciated.
Mark