[ltp] Isthere a T41 or T42 model which NEVER has ACPI drain problems ???

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:29:06 +0100

obi wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 07:27:38PM +0100, Bob Alexander wrote:
>
>>Guys,
>>I am getting really fed up with my T40 :(
>>
>>Anyone know of a T41/T42 which has NO problems with video, ACPI,
>>wireless, sound etc etc ?
>

> Sorry to hear that: for the first time my T41 is finally working fine (no
> ACPI drain) with the patches that are floating around. I use Debian sid
> and video (M9), ACPI and wireless (intel 2200) seems all working fine.
> Sounds too.
>
> Bob, I think you are very close to get it right.
>
> graziano

LOL ... Graziano, thank you very much. Good there are friends trying to
show you some hope :)

But being "very close" reminds me being trapped underwater very close to
the surface (a terrible story I am very lucky to be able to write about
while exploring a sunken warship many many years ago!) :(

Will try a little more.

What lists could I infest :) with this specific problem about radeon and
ACPI ??? I do not even know if only radeon is the issue ....

Ciao da Roma.
Bob