[ltp] Please tell me my system board isn't hosed (EEPROM error)

Mark Mitchell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:04:42 -0600

On Wed January 26 2005 2:52 pm, Jan Girlich wrote:
> Mark Mitchell schrieb:
> > Today when I powered up my thinkpad T20, I got an error message 0189:
> > Invalid RFID Configuration Information Area.
>
> It sounded familar to me, but I couldn't remember this message.
> Today, I suddenly know where I read it:
> In the BIOS of a T23 of a friend of mine.
>
> So try this: when the tp is showing the first screen press F1 to enter
> the BIOS and look for an option telling something like "reset your
> RFID". Usually it's disabled, but in the help shown at the right side of
> the screen it says something like this: "Do this when you get the error
> message Invalid RFID Configuration Information Area"
>
> I can't remember it very well, but it's worth a try.

I did try that already, no luck.  Thanks, though.

> And another guess I have is about miniPCI-cards. I can't remember too,
> but I think I read this may happen if you got a tp with one of those
> BIOSes which are checking the pci-id of the miniPCI-card for
> compatibility. So if you have a miniPCI-card try to take it out.

I might try this.  I'm actually shopping for another TP, I'll attempt to sell
this one for parts.  I paid $325 for it, I might get $100 for parts.  It's
still cheaper than looking for a system board and having it installed.

Thanks.
Mark