[ltp] IBM Thinkpad T42

Uwe Walter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:35:13 +0100

Hi Alejandro.

On Do, 2005-01-27 at 08:17 -0600, Alejandro Bonilla wrote:
> > to buy a new T42 (T43 is taking too long) and I saw it has the
> > Fingerprint reader.

Some models have.

> > Questions:
> > 1. Any idea if someone got this to work in Linux?

Personally, I never heard of a driver for it. But I don't have such a
scanner in my TP and so have never searched for one...

> > 3. I'm also trying to make IBM send me the Datasheet and Programing
> > API to get the HD ASP working aswell in Linux. (HD ASP, the thing that
> > stops the HDD when is in free fall or sensing vibration)

If you could get hold of the "Active Protection" API, this would be
rather cool and many people on the list would surely be interested.

Do you have a special contact at IBM or do you use offical channel (e.g.
support)?

Because, when you are already enquiring about documentation, there would
be another thing, I would be interested in...

Greetings, UW(e)