[ltp] Thinkpad takes a coffee bath

morpheus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:07:51 -0500

I spilled red wine on my R32 and it went to sleep right away...
Seriously, if you want to ever use it again, take it apart (take digital
photos so you know how everything goes back together) then dry it in the
oven with the door half open and the temperature low. Don't put the LCD
panel/Thinkpad lid in the oven.
After, inspect it for remaining moisture, if there is any left a hair
dryer can be used.
Then re-assemble and power up!  This worked fine for me.  It is likely
that your recharger unit will be fryed, so you may need to replace that.
-m