[ltp] Isthere a T41 or T42 model which NEVER has ACPI drain problems ???

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:16:01 +0100

obi wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 09:16:50AM +0100, Bob Alexander wrote:
>
>>obi wrote:
>> > What do you use? Debian? If so I could send you my kernel and you could
>>
>>>give it a go.
>>>

>>Graziano,
>>yes I use Debian.
>>
>>We could but we must be sure that your kernel supports at least my LVM2
>>partitions.
>

> hmm .. then it won't do. I can try to recompile the kernel with the lvm2
> support.

Hold on Graziano.

Peter has sent me a kernel (2.6.11-rc1 with patches) which shows I can
drop from 5W per hour to 700mW/h ..... will try closing this with him

It would be very very useful if you could send me a few things:

1) Your kern config
2) Your ACPI sleep script
3) The list of patches (with URLS or in a nice tarball) you have used
and against what base kernel.

TIA,
Bob