[ltp] swsusp and alsa on a T23

Adam Olsen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 20:07:46 -0700

Hello,

I thought I had swsusp working correctly - even the wireless was coming
back up. Then I noticed that I had no sound at all.  On my 600x I would
just reload the alsa modules, but doing that on this T23 is proving
quite a challenge.  Here are the modules that are loaded:

[synic@manetheren ~]$ lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
ehci_hcd               28132  0
snd_intel8x0           26368  1
snd_ac97_codec         67232  1 snd_intel8x0
uhci_hcd               28464  0
snd_pcm                79720  2 snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec
snd_timer              19492  1 snd_pcm
snd_page_alloc          7172  2 snd_intel8x0,snd_pcm
snd_mixer_oss          16320  1
snd                    44196  5
snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_mixer_oss
soundcore               6816  2 snd
ndiswrapper           102452  0
usbcore               101784  4 ehci_hcd,uhci_hcd,ndiswrapper
yenta_socket           17504  1

I'd guess that snd_intel8x0 is the one I should rmmod, but I can't.  I
can't remove any of the modules that start with snd_.  I always get this
message:

ERROR: Module snd_intel8x0 is in use

or something similar to it.  If I try to force it, I get this:

[synic@manetheren ~]$ sudo rmmod -f snd_intel8x0
ERROR: Removing 'snd_intel8x0': Resource temporarily unavailable

so... how do I reload alsa on this machine, if it's at all possible?

Thanks,

Adam