[ltp] S3-Hangups with X31 on 2.6.10 and 2.6.11-rc2

Johannes Wolter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:32:48 +0100

--nextPart1180930.rmXn08OLWz

Hi,

I experienced several hangups, while coming back from the ACPI-Suspend (S3)=
=2E I=20
think one out of three suspends hangs. On the wakeup I think I hear the dis=
k=20
spinning up but the screen remains black and e.g. the caps lock LED isn't=20
responding. The only think that's working is the Thinklight and pressing th=
e=20
power button for 4 seconds for reboot. In the logs /var/log/messages=20
and /var/log/acpid There is nothing suspicious. I think there are no messag=
es=20
about the wakeup, only about the suspend.

I tried the kernel 2.6.10 and 2.6.11-rc2 (I read somewhere, the problem is=
=20
solved since 2.6.11-rc1), and I think I had the problem with 2.6.8 too but=
=20
I'm not sure. Befor suspending I unload the ipw2100 and the usb-modules, I=
=20
switch to VT1 and turn off the backlight with the radeontool. I think that'=
s=20
it.

I would be very happy if anybody could give me a hint how to solve the=20
problem, because I really like the ACPI-Suspend.

Thanks in advance,
Johannes Wolter

P.S.: The only patch I'm using is MPPE for encryption in a pptp-tunnel, but=
 I=20
cannot see how this could affect the ACPI-System.