[ltp] [SOLVED]T40 ACPI and radeon. Thank you.

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 21:18:09 +0100

Konstantin Filtschew wrote:
> hi,
>
> can you post us, which patches you used for your system and witch
> version. This would be great.

MAIN credit goes to my friend Peter.

Here is the mail that followed religiously made me fix the mess.

I would also like to post my corresponding .config (this could be
tricky) and my ACPI go to sleep scripts (really average, copied from
somewhere), because you need all of these things straight before the
whole thing works, but I believe I cannot append them for this list and
have no web/ftp space :(

HTH,
Bob

PS Be particularly careful with patch 05 in the radeonstuff.

You should know your TP type/model (e.g. 2373-92G) or even better see it
in the output of the dmidecode command. Then edit the 05 patch and just
REPLACE the first model data with yours.

Compile, install and voila' ! (I hope)

http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.10.tar.bz2

http://download.berlios.de/softwaresuspend/software-suspend-2.1.5.15-for-2.6.11-rc2.tar.bz2