[ltp] Isthere a T41 or T42 model which NEVER has ACPI drain problems ???

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:37:13 +0100

Tomek Jarzynka wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 of January 2005 19:27, Bob Alexander wrote:
>
>>Guys,
>>I am getting really fed up with my T40 :(
>>Anyone know of a T41/T42 which has NO problems with video, ACPI,
>>wireless, sound etc etc ?
>

> Just out of curiosity since I never investigated power consumption
> in suspend mode. How to measure the power expenditure while in
> sleep mode, and what patches to look for?

with acpi working here is my recipe :)

date;cat /proc/acpi/batteries/BAT0/state

then sleep (of course no AC power or you're cheating) :)

resume

date;cat /proc/acpi/batteries/BAT0/state

now note the difference in mW of the batteries and divide by the minutes
of sleep (don't bungle sexagesimal) ... do for more than 20 minuted of
sleep to have significant data.

HTH
Bob

PS For solutions look in recent archive threads with my name for example