[ltp] Kernel OOPSes during bootup

Tomek Jarzynka linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 15:12:50 +0100

Hi,

recently, a funny and annoying issue began bugging my laptop
(a T40). During bootup, somewhere near udev startup, the
kernel will:
 - issue an OOPS and continue loading normally
 - issue a long series of OOPSes ending with a kernel panic
 - boot the system normally (in one out of 2 tries approx.)

I don't have a copy of the text around as I don't know how to
store it, I can rewrite it by hand if that would be of any
help.

Strangely enough, the wireless card is enabled long before any
networking script is processed (couldn't track it down).
Maybe it is invoked by accident as all devices seem to use
IRQ 11?
I considered spreading IRQs a bit, but the BIOS entries are
a bit cryptic (INTA IRQ, INTB IRQ, ...). How do I tell which
entry corresponds to which device?

TIA
--
tomasz k. jarzynka / 601 706 601 / tomee(a-t)kadu(d-o-t)net

"This message has been brought to you by the language C and the number F."