[ltp] IBM Thinkpad T42

Uwe Walter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 15:59:01 +0100

Hi Alejandro.

On Do, 2005-01-27 at 14:30 -0500, abonilla wrote:
> Special contact? :) Well I guess I could go that way, but the most important
> thing here is pressure. If we don't ask for it. Dev's, no-Dev's and users
> then we'll never get it.

ACK!

But sometimes, even this won't help us.
As far as I know (e.g. have a look into the Thinkwiki), IBM has already
promised long time ago to publish the Active Protection docu, but
nothing happened. At least nothing I know of.

Of course, you're right, a little bit more demand might help this
situation.

But then, there's the question, where to ask. Support? Mail?
The webform you mentioned?

Where will somebody, who could make such a decision, get most aware of
these questions?

> You need the Active Protection API for...? HD ASP?

Sorry, I'm currently not blessed with enough spare time to develop
anything... :-/ But some people on the list were already interested in
this stuff. Not only for HD protection, let alone having access to
acceleration sensor data could be the basis for some funny stuff.

Besides this, there's already another "feature", I find interesting.
Will write a separate mail about this...

Greetings, UW(e)