[ltp] Isthere a T41 or T42 model which NEVER has ACPI drain problems ???

Mark W. Jeanmougin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 10:56:36 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005, Bob Alexander wrote:
> with acpi working here is my recipe :)
>
> date;cat /proc/acpi/batteries/BAT0/state

Bob,

I just got the ACPI stuff working on my T42 yesterday, so I know it's no
where near perfect yet.  I let it sleep all last night which was so
cool!

Here's what I noticed when doing things like your command above: my system
is losing time bad.

It "feels" like a 2:1 loss of time.  For every 10 minutes of wall time
that go by, my T42 thinks 20 have gone by.  Right now (11a on Sat 29 Jan
05), my machine thinks it's 04:13 Sun 30 Jan 05.

So, did anyone else have issues with machines fast forwarding while
sleeping?  Any ideas on where to start?

I'm new to the list, so if I missed something obvious, please be
gentle! :)

Thanks,

MJ