[ltp] Isthere a T41 or T42 model which NEVER has ACPI drain problems ???

Michele Lamarca linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 20:03:45 +0100

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 10:56:36 -0500 (EST), Mark W. Jeanmougin
<markj@jeanmougin.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005, Bob Alexander wrote:
> > with acpi working here is my recipe :)
> >
> > date;cat /proc/acpi/batteries/BAT0/state
>
> Bob,
>
> I just got the ACPI stuff working on my T42 yesterday, so I know it's no
> where near perfect yet.  I let it sleep all last night which was so
> cool!
>
> Here's what I noticed when doing things like your command above: my system
> is losing time bad.
>
> It "feels" like a 2:1 loss of time.  For every 10 minutes of wall time
> that go by, my T42 thinks 20 have gone by.  Right now (11a on Sat 29 Jan
> 05), my machine thinks it's 04:13 Sun 30 Jan 05.
>
> So, did anyone else have issues with machines fast forwarding while
> sleeping?  Any ideas on where to start?

Start trying this. In your kernel configuration go to
Power management options (ACPI, APM) => ACPI (Advanced Configuration
and Power Interface) Support
and select Power Management Timer Support (CONFIG_X86_PM_TIMER=y)

Then go to sleep...

Michele