[ltp] [SOLVED]T40 ACPI and radeon. Thank you.

Johannes Wolter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 20:31:46 +0100

Hi,

On Friday 28 January 2005 13:42, Bob Alexander wrote:
> After many many attempts I wish to thank everyone but in particular my
> new friend Peter Fruberger (sorry have no umlaut for the u).
>
> After having approx 4800mW/h in sleep to RAM mode, now on 2.6.11-rc2
> with quite a few patches I have went down to only 395mW/h when measured
> off the expansion unit durinf a 40 min experiment.
>
> My model is a 2373-92G with a Radeon 9000 (M9) and a 1400x1050 lcd.

I've a X31 (26721LG) with a Radeon (M6) and experience the same power drain
problems in the ACPI S3 state. I read a lot about the radeon patch(es),
changing the DRAM to D2 state, which can be harmful on some hardware. Did
anybody try this patches successfully on a X31, because I only read reports
about tests with a T4*.

Thanks,
Johannes