[ltp] T40, ACPI, and sleeping

morpheus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 16:43:30 -0500

On Sat, 2005-01-29 at 11:42 -0800, Bill Wohler wrote:
> However, if I "modprobe ath_pci" the system hangs
SNIP

> /etc/acpi/sleep:
>
>   #! /bin/sh
>   /etc/init.d/hotplug stop
>   ifdown ath0
>   rmmod ath_pci ath_rate_onoe ath_hal e1000
>   sync
>   echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep
>   #/etc/init.d/hotplug start
>   #modprobe ath_pci
>   #ifup ath0
This is just a guess, but you should remove ath_hal, wlan and ath_pci.
You are only removing ath_pci.  If you don't remove ath_hal, during
sleep/resume it could become unstable.  Since it is a prerequisite for
ath_pci, when you try to start ath_pci it hangs waiting for ath_hal.
Also, why use rmmod instead of modprobe -r?  Since you're inserting with
modprobe makes sense to remove with modprobe for consistency, also
modprobe takes care of dependencies and options.
So, I would do this:
/etc/acpi/sleep:

  #! /bin/sh
  /etc/init.d/hotplug stop