[ltp] Bootsplash and radeonfb

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 07:44:27 +0100

Tomek Jarzynka wrote:
> On Saturday 29 of January 2005 21:18, Bob Alexander wrote:
>
>>Tomek Jarzynka wrote:
>>
>>>Ok, ok, I meant 1Wh :) Still, the radeonstuff patches seem not
>>>to solve the problem. Where else can I look?
>>
>>Tom,
>>what was the power drain before ?
>

> 1760mWh.
> Now one 5-minute sleep produced 1000mWh and the other 1900mWh,
> so I guess there's no improvement... :(

Tomek,
the power drain tests, as stated on ThinkWiki, should be at least 20
minutes. My last test overnitgh showed 567 mW per hour on 7.5 hours.

>>model/type ?
>

> T40. 2373-3V1.
> I put these strings into the 05 patch. How do I verify whether
> Linux detects this particular model?

use the dmidecode package

>>BIOS level ?
>

> 3.13 (1RET3WW ?)

that is good

Now. My model had a drain of around 5000 mW per hour on ACPI sleep to
RAM and a drain of around 500mw/hour under APM sleep. I had to leave APM
for the main reason that a prolonged sleep would be unresumable :(

So as you 1700mW/h drain is not near 5000 maybe you are trying to fix
something that is already working ? :)

In your logs do a grep for

radeonfb: switching to D2 state...

if you see this the radeonfb patches are doing what they should and you
should look somewhere else for problems

HTH,
Bob