[ltp] T40, ACPI, and sleeping

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 07:48:10 +0100

morpheus wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-01-29 at 23:36 +0100, Bob Alexander wrote:
>
>>Morph,
>>in my sleep script I do not touch madwifi.
>>When I suspend to RAM I see the wireless indicator go off and I assume
>>wireless goes down too (do not have any AP to try).
>>
>>Upon resuming the wireless does not come on by itself but with 2-3 Fn+F5
>>the wifi light comes up again and lsmod looks allright:
>>
>>bob@t40:~$ lsmod
>>Module                  Size  Used by
>>ath_pci                62880  0
>>ath_rate_onoe           8840  1 ath_pci
>>ath_hal               133456  2 ath_pci
>>wlan                  121116  3 ath_pci,ath_rate_onoe
>>
>>so is it really necessary to bring it down ?
>
> Well, it works flawlessly for me, and doesn't work unless I remove all
> the modules then re-insert them after waking up.
> Why not give it a try?  If it doesn't work, you can try to force the
> card to re-associate with the AP by changing the essid to something
> meaningless, then setting it back to the proper essid.
> -m

Well here is my wish:

1) I normally live in non WiFi areas so I will place the wifi module in
the hotplug blacklist so that upon booting it will not be loaded
automatically

2) If upon waking I insert those modules if I a not finding them I am
defeating point 1

3) The WiFi on/on I want only by Fn+F5 explicitely

So I guess I will leave my scripts as they are now and blacklist ath_pci
(only or also the others like ath_hal etc. ?)

Thank you,
Bob