[ltp] Smartlink modem issues continued ;(

Uwe Walter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:53:29 +0100

Hi Tomasz.

On So, 2005-01-30 at 14:30 +0100, Tomek Jarzynka wrote:
> I wrote earlier that I have trouble with the smartlink modem
> in my T40 dropping negotiation with "NO CARRIER".

Which version of the smartlink driver are you using?

I remember that I, too, have had some failed carrier negotiations
(~10-20% of dialins probably) but that it got much better with newer
versions of the slmodem driver.

(Current is: 2.9.10, but even tow or three minor version before that I
hardly had any negotiation problems left...)

Greetings, UW(e)