[ltp] Bootsplash and radeonfb

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:09:10 +0100

Uwe Walter wrote:
> Hi Bob?
>

> On So, 2005-01-30 at 07:44 +0100, Bob Alexander wrote:
>
>>I had to leave APM
>>for the main reason that a prolonged sleep would be unresumable :(
>

> I thought this was only a BIOS misconfiguration and you solved this
> issue?
>
> My T40p could suspend vor a very long time (and resume) without problems
> with APM...
>

> Greetings, UW(e)

Ciao Uwe,
yes your memory is perfect but at the time I had solved the APM problem
with your help,  meanwhile I had embarked on trying ACPI and since then
solved the power drain during sleep which was a real nuisance.

BTW It was not really a BIOS misconfiguration but rather some unhandled
situation. Remember ? It was hibernate kicking in after 30 minutes of
sleep condition.

Take care,
Bob