[ltp] ipw2100 Firmware and Ubuntu

Guillermo Latorre linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:52:58 +0100

Hi!

Recently I removed all the data on my Thinkpad T41, and because of the
exams period, I have installed an Ubuntu system. I have had no problems
installing anything, I recommend this distribution.

Yesterday, I was working with Wireless connection with no problem. Today
I have changed the repositories on /etc/apt/sources.list and have
written the Debian ones. After resolving some problems of dependences
and my first dist-upgrade (about 400 MB), at the boot time Ubuntu says
that can't load the ipw2100 firmware, or firmware bad, or something
similar (it goes really fast), so Wireless doesn't work on my computer.
The module is loaded with no problems, a "lsmod" command shows:

ipw2100                90596  0
firmware_class          9728  1 ipw2100
ieee80211              21124  1 ipw2100
ieee80211_crypt         5704  1 ieee80211

I don't know what can be happened... Could the first dist-upgrade
overwrite something? (I have read that Debian and Ubuntu repositories
are no totally compatible)

Any idea?

Thank you very much!!!

Guille