[ltp] Smartlink modem issues continued ;(

Tomek Jarzynka linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:41:24 +0100

On Sunday 30 of January 2005 17:04, Harry Popov wrote:
> Tomek Jarzynka <tomeej@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I wrote earlier that I have trouble with the smartlink modem
> > in my T40 dropping negotiation with "NO CARRIER".
> > I have set the S7 register to 120 which is more than enough,
> > but the problem persists.
> > Perhaps someone has a clue how to fix this? Are there other
> > options to improve the handshake?
> Try adding X3 in the string. Default always is X4. Modem will dial without
> interesting wether the line is on or not. I use X3 on my analog line
> because modem can not recognise our tones...

The modem recognizes the dialtone fine. It just won't end the handshake
most of the time, but this can't be fixed with this option.

=2D-=20
tomasz k. jarzynka / 601 706 601 / tomee(a-t)kadu(d-o-t)net

"Tajemnic=B1 powodzenia jest szczero=B6=E6. Je=BFeli potrafisz j=B1 udawa=
=E6, sukces masz
zapewniony.
		-- Camille"