[ltp] Ultraport Camera II

Bret Comstock Waldow linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:06:01 +1300

I have a T21 and the Ultracam.  I've used the Linux driver, and have it
on the list to try to redo the patch so I can use it with more recent
2.4.x kernels, and maybe 2.6.x (if I can figure out how to do it).

The driver doesn't handle brightness automatically - Mr. Gutwin didn't
figure that bit out.  It did work, but washes out in bright light.  I
don't currently have the expertise to tackle that, although I can
probably figure out the patch part, if I find the time.  Which is
uncertain.  The last kernel I believe it worked with was 2.4.20.

I'd LIKE it to be usable, and it's partly usable now (see above
constraints).  It's easy with a vintage kernel source tree, more
problematic with a recent one, unknown with 2.6.x, and the
auto-brightness doesn't work.

Regards,
Bret