[ltp] Recommended Thinkpad Model? $1500?

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:15:35 +0100

Eben King wrote:
  > Buy your RAM from Crucial or Mushkin or wherever, but not from IBM.
  IBM
> really gouges for RAM.

LOL ;-)

Back on track.

IMHO if you can afford the difference the T series are what I consider
"professional use" while the R series are a little bit more flimsy (even
though still vastly superior to most competitive models).

I would also like to underline that aside from the useful but ugly
(always IMHO remember ?) docking station there is also a little gizmo
which I own and love which should be called "port replicator" which is
really useful since you cable everything to it and when get to your desk
just snap in your TP. It also adds some more ports/connectors such as
the DVI video. Should cost much less that the full docking station. I
would not do without as the high capacity battery.

HTH,
Bob

PS FWIW My T40 2373-92G in this moment has virtually 0 problems with a
little kernel / XF86Config tweaking.

PPS Remember to be very specific. There are a dozen or so DIFFERENT T40
IIRC and they differ in things like video card, screen resolution, wifi
card, processor