[ltp] Thinkpad t22 just turns off

morpheus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:44:48 -0500

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 16:05 +0100, julian@echoes-online.de wrote:
> Last time it happened I was sitting next to it working on another computer. I
> noticed it had turned off, wanted to turn it on which didn't work: Battery light
> was blinking and it didn't turn on for a few seconds. After a few retries it
> did. I Immediately checked my battery status but acpi says "Battery loaded 100%"

Do you have it on AC power?
My Thinkpad R32 has a bad charging unit (due to an unfortunate spill
incident) and so the battery will not charge nor will it run on battery
even if I insert a fully charged battery.  What this means is that if AC
is interrupted at all, even momentarily, it shuts off.  Incidentally, my
battery light blinks all the time, I think this indicates very low
battery or other power problems.
So, you may have a short circuit or other problem in the charging unit
that is intermittent...and you may be experiencing intermittent
interruptions in AC power.  Have you tried running on battery power?
All just speculation...
BTW, some Thinkpads will also power down if they get too hot, not sure
about your model, though.
Are you running acpi?  If so, look at /var/log/acpid to see if an acpi
event triggered the shutdown.  You may want to write a script to log CPU
temperature every few seconds.
-m