[ltp] Recommended Thinkpad Model? $1500?

David Tansey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:18:09 -0500

Upgradability? I can't really say. You can buy a docking station at a
later date or get the USB CDrom. i have the docking station. I have it
docking/undocking perfectly. I have it suspending/resuming (haven't
tried hibernating) pretty well (i have a problem of some sort maybe 10%
of the time).

I use Ubuntu so I'm a bit lucky. A lot of the Ubuntu developers use the
X40 so it is pretty well supported. There is an ibm_acpi modules that
allows you to do docking/undocking (among other acpi tweaks.)

Works better than my old inspiron 8200 did. and the battery life is
magnificent. I even pulled off a 9-6 day (with a one hour break where i
suspended) a few times.

I got the atheros wifi card. it has a pretty good module in linux. i
haven't worked with the intel one though i understand it has matured
pretty well now.

any other questions? i'm happy to chat about my wonderful laptop.

-david