[ltp] Isthere a T41 or T42 model which NEVER has ACPI drain problems ???

Eric Van Buggenhaut linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:28:51 +0100

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 12:45:37PM -0800, obi wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 09:29:06PM +0100, Bob Alexander wrote:
> > obi wrote:

> > >Sorry to hear that: for the first time my T41 is finally working fine (no
> > >ACPI drain) with the patches that are floating around. I use Debian sid
> > >and video (M9), ACPI and wireless (intel 2200) seems all working fine.
> > >Sounds too.
> > >
> > >Bob, I think you are very close to get it right.
> > >
> > >graziano
> > >

> > LOL ... Graziano, thank you very much. Good there are friends trying to
> > show you some hope :)
> >
> > But being "very close" reminds me being trapped underwater very close to
> > the surface (a terrible story I am very lucky to be able to write about
> > while exploring a sunken warship many many years ago!) :(
>
> that's not fun ... Glad you can tell about it!
>
> > Will try a little more.
> >
> > What lists could I infest :) with this specific problem about radeon and
> > ACPI ??? I do not even know if only radeon is the issue ....
>
> What do you use? Debian? If so I could send you my kernel and you could
> give it a go.

That'd be nice if you could post your kernel on this list, maybe a
.deb ? so everyone interested could give it a try !

--
Eric VAN BUGGENHAUT
Eric.VanBuggenhaut@AdValvas.be