[ltp] Where is tulip.o?

Christopher Sawtell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 03 Jul 2005 12:57:43 +1200

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 21:17, Jacob Klitm=F8ller wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have an absurd question (I hope) regarding the tulip.o driver.
> Instaling Gentoo with kernel 2.4.28-r9 (since I cannot for the life of
> me make it work with 2.6.x) and pcmcia-cs and pcmcia-cs-modules leaves
> me without the tulip.o driver that I need and that used to be included
> with the pcmcia-cs as long as pcmcia was not compiled in the kernel.
>
> Is the missing tulip.o a pcmcia-cs-thing?
No.

> If it is, do anyone have pointers to getting it working?
The make menuconfig config system for the 2.6 kernel has a query keystroke.=
=20
You can enter it with a /  Then enter the characters tulip and you will be=
=20
shown the dependencies to generate the particular module.

The 2.6 kernel series has so many substantial improvements that it is well=
=20
worth tryuing to get it to go.

btw. What is the o/p from the commands:
( as root, so the # is the prompt )

# cd /usr/src/linux; grep -i tulip .config

=2D-
C. S.
=20