[ltp] Carrying Case??

David Tansey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 03 Jul 2005 18:31:38 +0300

Mark,

Thanks for the suggestions. What model backpack did you get, and what TP
do you have?

I got a backback with a laptop padded compartment before, wasn't much of
a fan. Like you said, shoddy construction. Also, it was meant for
15"/17" notebooks -- not 12" notebooks. The only ultraportable notebook
cases I've found are basically just sleeves. I am looking for something
professional looking that I can use when I need more than just my
laptop. My current case is great for when I just need my laptop and AC
adapter and a few files, but I need something for when I am going abroad
for work or taking the metro and want to have a few extra things. I've
found the Targus Organizer and Expander cases to be promising, but they
aren't explicitly designed for sub-15" notebooks, and I've never seen
one live so I don't know if they're too big.

I wish there was some store that carried many brands of notebook cases.
Or even just some reviews online of good carrying cases for different
sized laptops. I mean, aren't there lots of CEOs buying x40s and
traveling around the world with them? I can't imagine that they all
carry them separately from their regular luggage/briefcases.

Sorry -- that was longer than I intended. Thanks for the tips. I'll look
at both companies. The Lowepro site seems promising. Too bad very few of
the shoulder bags have extra shots so  Ican see their capacities.

Thanks again,

David