[ltp] Carrying Case??

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 3 Jul 2005 12:50:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005, John Sullivan wrote:

> David Tansey <djtansey@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > any suggestions for briefcases/carrying cases for the X or T series? Or models
> > designed for larger series with a suggestion of how to get my X to fit
> > comfortably in it (like a slip case?)
>

> I use the case made by Targus for the X40, but that fits very snugly --- no
> room for papers. Though it does have pockets that work to hold all of the
> accessories, like headphones, USB sticks, etc.

I have this case:

http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=CVR200

I have the extended battery, and it's a snug fit.  Since the laptop's
asymmetrical with it in, it should go in the bag hinge-up.  The outside of
the bag isn't tough, so if I need abrasion resistance or more carrying
capacity (the flap covers a pocket which holds the AC/DC adapter and a USB
cable, but that's about it), I do something like this:

> If I need a larger bag, I put this case inside my Kensington bag,

... although my larger bag is a no-name hand-or-shoulder bag.

There's a pocket on the inside, but I don't know what it's good for, except
catching on the notebook when you're inserting it.

             Hi!  I'm a .sig virus!  Copy me to your .sig!