[ltp] Carrying Case??

johnsu01 linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 03 Jul 2005 13:08:01 -0400

David Tansey <djtansey@gmail.com> writes:

> John,
>
> Great to hear!
>
> Do you have the external CD/DVD drive? I have the multi-drive and am wondering
> how you transport it, if you do.

I don't have the external drive. For protecting individual small items like
that (if you don't get a bag that can carry both the computer and the drive
together), I've heard that the "wraps" at
http://www.roadwired.com/store/Product.cfm?Productid=61 ,which come in a
variety of sizes, are good. Never tried myself.

> Thanks again. I wanted to get that since I saw it, but then read the review. I
> hope you do reply to it.

You know, I guess it's close enough that if there are any variations or flaws
in these things, some of them very well might have problems with the
zipper. But, mine doesn't.

I'll throw in a quick recommendation for Kensington bags here too. I had one
for about 8 years (not making that up), it developed a hole finally, and they
quickly replaced it with one of their new bags at no cost, as per their
lifetime warranty. No paperwork necessary. I don't think the one I have is what
you are looking for, but it's http://www.kensington.com/html/2517.html . I'm
happy with it; I just miss the water-bottle holder that my last one had :).

--
-johnsu01
-http://www.wjsullivan.net