[ltp] Sound

David Tansey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 04 Jul 2005 10:21:16 +0300

i'm running hoary as well. what's wrong with your sound?

If you are trying to play mp3s and they don't work, you have to install
libmad0 -- ubuntuguide.org should help you there.

the quick way is this on the console -- sudo apt-get install libmad0

i don't think any new repositories need to be enabled.

if you have libmad0 installed, or if the problem isn't with playing
songs, then try playing something in totem and/or in rhythmbox. are
there errors?

ubuntu using the ESD sound deamon. that can cause some problems. i can
help if that's the problem, too.

so give me whatever details you can.

-david