[ltp] Display problems anyone?

Rolf Offermanns linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 4 Jul 2005 12:27:37 +0200

Hi All!
Since a few days I experience very annoying display problems on my thinkpad
R40 (2681-CDG). The screen seems to break on the video memory level, since a
VNC exported screens shows the same garbage as the physical one. I can even
take screenshots of the garbled screen (see [1]). The problem seems to be
mechanical (partwise), since I can toogle it with a gentle push to the left
site of the touchpad or by  lifting the front of the TP.

I found some similar reports on the ThinkWiki, but w/o a solution.[2]

Has anyone here experienced something like this, too? Any hints?

Thanks,
-Rolf

P.S: The TP is out of warranty, so IBM service is not an option.

[1] http://rolf.freeshell.org/tp-garbled-screen.png
[2] http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_garbled_screen