[ltp] Carrying Case??

Joe Christy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 04 Jul 2005 09:41:04 -0700

  Vis-a-vis ohn Sullivan's note of 07/03/2005 08:24 AM:
> David Tansey <djtansey@gmail.com> writes:
>>any suggestions for briefcases/carrying cases for the X or T series? Or models
>>designed for larger series with a suggestion of how to get my X to fit
>>comfortably in it (like a slip case?)

> I thought the Booq at http://www.booqbags.com/Detail.bok?no=97 also looked like
> a good sleeve possibility.

	I got my wife Boq's PowerSleeve 15 for a Powerbook G3 2 years ago. Last
year, she inherited a smaller G4 (+ smaller case), then my T21 expired
and I replaced it with a 15" T42p.
	Happily the PowerSleeve fits the T42P fine - a wee bit of lateral slack
w/ the 6 cell battery, and a tad tight with the 9 cell. I can also fit
in tiny wireless mouse, the power brick and assorted cables, and have
room for a thick file folder (the 15" screen actually allows me to
comfortably read the dosuments that I used to print out on screen, so I
rarely avail myself of this).
	The construction quality easily equals that of the LowePro cases I use
for my photo equipment. The ergonomics of the shoulder strap are
excellent and whole boodle is quite slim. In addition removing/replacing
the T42 for the TSA in airports is blessedlt easy.

	Joe

--
------------------ http://public.xdi.org/=joe.christy ------------------