[ltp] OT. After effects of thunderstorm.

Kelvin KAN linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 05 Jul 2005 11:40:49 +0800

IBM was not charging you too much.

My previous Fujitsu S5582 IDE port for DVD, and keyboard port were
broken (all on motherboard).

I bought the laptop itself for USD1800 in 2002.   Fujitsu quoted me a
charge of USD1200 for the motherboard, plus USD100 labor, in 2004, when
the mkt price for a complete 2nd-hand unit (not merely the motherboard)
was about only USD800.

That's why I switched back to IBM T42 w/ 3yr wty (600E -> Fujitsu -> T42).