[ltp] T42 FingerPrint Reader

Alejandro Bonilla linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 04 Jul 2005 23:31:20 -0500

Carlos Maldonado wrote:

> I already filled this form and three more asking for support, driver
> and / or tech specs on my sd slot (x40)
>
> those who have the X40 and need the slot should do so, maybe we could
> ask the developer that helped us with HDAPS to contact the developer
> who worked on the SD slot support
>
> regards
>
> Carlos

Carlos,

    It was actually me who contacted IBM all over the place to get info.
At they end, they did with some link that  helped us in the mailing list.

    But yes, you should contact IBM, do the iniciative and ask for the
Linux Support as well. At the end, is not going to be an IBM sd slot
reader, so you will need to ask IBM and the maker of the SD slot.

    With HDAPS, I contacted almost every center in IBM, called them,
called Analog Devices Senior Engineers, Managers, and whoever would get
the information to someone upstairs to inform them that, there will be
spam until they release something. (Maybe IBM is used to this and can
handle ignoring people, but at least they could that people was looking
for the info.

    Go for it, call whoever you can and talk to as many as you can. But
I bet you will end up talking with the main manufacturers of the device.

.Alejandro