[ltp] Re: T42p firegl2 - modell?

henry ritzlmayr linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 05 Jul 2005 13:54:35 +0200

Am Dienstag, den 05.07.2005, 11:30 +0200 schrieb Steffen Dreise:
> > Looks like it, yes. It's an AGP card, which is important because
> > r300 doesn't fully support pcie yet.
> Do you know if any t42p user got success with the r300 and acpi?

I=C2=B4m here with a R50p which has the same card built in=20
("ATI FireGL Mobility T2 (M10) NT (AGP)"). ACPI works like a charm here
(all Kernels from FC3 until 2.6.11-1.27).
The only thing I have to do is stick with the shipped BIOS.
I tried an update a while ago and after that ACPI stopped working:
"Black Screen after resume - machine still reachable through network".=20

Going back to the old BIOS, ACPI started to work again. Some people on=20
the list recommended to use vbetool and other stuff, but for me the old
BIOS which works perfectly is the best solution.

greetings=20
Henry