[ltp] Re: Re: T42p firegl2 - modell?

henry ritzlmayr linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 05 Jul 2005 16:18:11 +0200

Hi Steffen,

> sounds quite interesting :) Can you say me some kernel paremeters and
> versions of your system so that i can to try it too?
> Are you using the normal fglrx driver from the ati-driver package?

I=C2=B4m using the driver from xorg - no fglrx since they have a problem wi=
th
suspend/resume. Although some people on this list recommend to use
vbetool and other to get suspend/resume working with fglrx, for me a
reliable suspend/resume is more important than the latest performance in
3D. When it comes to kernel parameters i have not much to say except
that I didn=C2=B4t change them - there was/is no need for me - for all
kernels from fc3 the grub.conf lines looked like that one:

title Fedora Core (2.6.11-1.27_FC3)
        root (hd0,1)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.11-1.27_FC3 ro root=3DLABEL=3D/ rhgb quiet
        initrd /initrd-2.6.11-1.27_FC3.img

I also never had any problems with usb-devices as others on this list.
The only thing I need to do is rmmod/modprobe the usb-modules to get all
usb-devices up and running again.=20

llap
Henry